- Robotic labor (infographic).
- "Stuck" goldfish bath plug.
- Rocker switch salt-and-pepper shaker.
- Slow-breaking news. Cross-stitched news stories from last year.
- Staircase notice. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.
- Ode to a bookstore death.
- Japanese restaurant serves world's largest sushi portions.
- 10 Star Trek episodes we're glad they never filmed.
- US state capitals supercut.
- 6 laws you've broken without even realizing it.
- A world map of the places that care about zombies.
- The 6 most insane true tales of survival.
- Impossible pillars.
- 7 famous works of art with bizarre mistakes you can't unsee.
- The internet: It's the end of TV as we know it. Nice tribute to REM, too.
- Never have soggy cereal again with the Obol.
- Kids react to Star Wars Kid.
- Girl sneezes 39 times.
- A trailer for a book? I guess so, when it's as awesome as Night of the Living Trekkies.
- Undercap, the underpants for your head!
- ThunderLOLcats HOOOOOOO. Man, I laughed so hard.
- The 8 most shameless attempts to cash in on 9/11.
- The top 10 books lost to time.
- It's the 90s (supercut).
- The Chicken Paper.
- The 4-piece "suit pajamas": suitjamas.
- The 10 coolest death scenes in science fiction.
- The fish that eats itself to death.
- The 6 most "WTF" special-edition comics ever released.
- top 10 US stadium/arena demolitions.
- Say it in llama with llamafont!
- Which is the guilty dog?
- Orca imitates boat engine.
- How to make cookie bowls.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Google street view has revolutionized the way we see the world. But for all its technology, it sometimes captures some of the most unusual aspects of real life. An interesting and eclectic collection of these gems is available for your viewing pleasure at 9 Eyes (named after the number of cameras on the street view cars' mast).
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
- Cows and an RC truck.
- What makes every movie hero better? Tom Selleck's mustache.
- PENGUIN ATTACK!
- Grammar is important, kids.
- The colors of good versus evil: comic book color palettes (infographic).
- Slug sex is awesome.
- Make your pie crusts extra crispy and delicious by using vodka instead of water.
- 5 things you do every day that are actually addictions.
- Brilliantly smart-ass responses to completely well-meaning signs.
- It's like a dream caption contest looking at these 50 vintage photos.
- 12 amazing living animal fossils.
- How do you feed a lip balm addiction? With French fry lip balm.
- Things we say today and owe to Shakespeare.
- How many photos have ever been taken?
- Rock and pop spelling test.
- The perfect home for all your USB memory sticks: Memory City.
- 10 things you didn't know about witness protection.
- SD "memory card" photo album.
- FAQ: When can you capture cops on camera?
- 7 negotiating tricks we can learn from FBI hostage negotiators.
- Some are cute, most are nude, TOTALLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK. It's another meme, ScarlettJohanssoning.
- Dog goes crazy for leaf blower. AKA dry wharrgarbl.
- Reality hits you hard, bro. Cool story, bro. Update: SONGIFIED.
- 8 simples questions you won't believe science can't answer.
- Every movie trailer ever.
- The amazing, untrue story of Gavrile Princip's sandwich. (Or, How the internet turned fiction into fact.)
- The past and future of famous logos.
- Excerpts from the Proposal for phylogenic plastic bag clip classification.
- If computer problems were real.
- Twitter's 13 all-time most epic tweets and the stories behind them.
- Philosoraptor wonders about retirement homes.
- The 11 cruelest aspects of The Biggest Loser.
- The 6 most ridiculous superhero weaknesses.
- The 6 most horrifying lies the food industry is feeding you.
- Geeky Click Watches with actual DIP switches on the front.
- This is what happens when your dad's a graphic designer: Ewoks.
- Real life messageboard trolling.
- It’s ON: Shatner says Star Trek is better than Star Wars "on every level".
- Comeback to the future.
This puzzle game uses the familiar angle/power mechanic to throw an object, but in this case, you're throwing grenades, and you're trying to blow up the enemies. The puzzles come in how you get the grenades to the enemy soldiers. Each level adds a new trick for you to solve. The blow-'em-fun is Fragger.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
There are two truths about TV: 1) there are a lot of channels, and 2) they are broadcasting all the time. So, predictably, not everything is going to be Emmy-award-winning content. Especially, apparently, when it comes to the local news. Check out the gallery of adroitly-timed Photos of TV.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Matt Stuart is a photographer that has a gift for taking a photo at just the right time. There are delightful coincidences in the way something lines up or appears in each. Check 'em out at Matt Stuart Photography.
Click "Colour" and "Black&White" for the categories, then the forward/back buttons to see all the pictures.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
- First FAA-approved commercial jetpack coming.
- Andy's most useful knots.
- "If Tetris has taught me anything..."
- Star Trek: The Next Generation is going high definition, even though it wasn't previously possible.
- Your dog can't beat this dog balancing treats.
- 9 iconic sweaters "drawn" from pop culture.
- The Office season 7 blooper reel.
- Made completely from clips on YouTube, it's laughs.
- how to serve 15 cups of tea.
- The Cheers intelligence graph.
- The text message whale. (I love the other person's response.)
- 15 foods named after people.
- Nemo's lost again. Or at least late.
- 6 ways your sense of smell is secretly controlling your mind.
- 6 things the film industry doesn't want you to know.
- 5 absurdly expensive pieces of junk food.
- Cartman's 7 most heinous acts of evil.
- 11 little-known meanings behind abbreviations in company names.
- Webcam 101 for seniors.
- 40 noises that built pop. Fascinating look at the technical history of sounds from famous songs that you know but didn't know.
- Recap of the 2011 USA breakdancing championship.
- "Money" or "wishing" trees. Photo gallery of more.
- What we should have been taught in our senior year of high school.
- As seen on the subway.
- Swimming with orcas in New Zealand.
- The appeal of Angry Birds (infographic).
- 6 movie plot holes you never noticed thanks to editing.
- Japan earthquake: six months later. Click the pictures for the after/now shots.
- Guys versus cartoon.
- Demeter makes some interesting scents, such as this Dirt Cologne. Check out the others at the bottom!
- Monopoly property value calculator.
- Of all the crazy/weird bandages I've seen, these scab bandages are the best.
- The funniest motorcycle ride.
- How to tie a tie with Ashley. What tie?
- Best headline ever?
- The "NO" supercut. The Darth Vader "NO" supercut.
- How to troll seagulls.
- How to tell that hang gliding is not for you.
- Awesome Christmas card.
- 7 mind-blowing structures built in secret.
- A guy built every component of a 1969 Mustang Coupe. From scratch. Out of paper.
- 25 pictures taken at exactly the right moment.
- The non-virtual USB desk aquarium/organizer.
- The 7 types of physician bad handwriting.
- "The story of a man who taught his cat to use instant messaging": Louis vs. Rick.
- 70 bootleg movie posters. They're so horribly bad, they're awesome.
- The cat Tardis.
- Anti-coning McDonald's manager.
- The great webcomic frequency chart. If you like/read webcomics, you'll find this very interesting.
- Weird Al's awesome new ballad: Stop forwarding that crap to me.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
I love Yelp; I use it not only to find places myself, but for checking in at places I go, too. Although, reading reviews can sometimes make you want to reach over the internet and administer some instant justice. Now you too can enjoy these quality reviews at F*ck You Yelper.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Friday, September 09, 2011
- New Simon's Cat: Cat and Mouse.
- Wireless, front-and-back turn signals for bikes: Bicygnals.
- Are you a tidy chef? Then you need the OCD cutting board.
- Godzilla slippers.
- The world according to an alcoholic.
- Girls on bikes fail compilation.
- August 2011 win compilation.
- World's shortest train.
- The 5 most hilarious forms of software copy protection.
- 5 major cities that are going to be destroyed.
- Software piracy (infographic).
- 10 things everyone should know about time.
- The 5 most badass things dones while conquering a mountain.
- The lost roles of Richard Pryor.
- Going to the store. I don't know what's better, the video, or the comments.
- "If your limb gets trapped, how long should you wait before cutting it off?"
- The sounds of silence (supercut). Click the closed captioning button to see the movie titles.
- C-list superheroes audition for Hollywood greatness.
- Logos made of the competitions' logos: Brandversations.
- 10 voice actors you didn't know you knew.
- 6 bullshit facts about psychology that everyone believes.
- The world's top 33 strange buildings.
- Hobo nickels.
- 12 celebrities who have killed people.
- Bonjour, girl! (AKA honey badger Belle.)
- Bigcatrescue.org is back with do big cats like laser pointers?
- Turn fruit juice into booze with the DIY Hootch Kit.
- Stacked paperback wallpaper for the reader in your life.
- Bicycle bell. At least they're well-trained.
- Yes, the AudioQuest K2 speaker cables are horribly overpriced. But check out the comments.
- Star Wars plus soldering iron equals the Hans Solderer.
- The 9 ways guys pee.
- This kid is remarkable at reproducing almost every character from every Star Wars movie, and is funny to boot. See his voice reel part one and voice reel part two.
- Abandoned Far East Russian airbase.
- The UK's top 10 navigable aqueducts.
There are no instructions for this puzzle game, so reap the benefits of my discovery. You have to untangle the lines; when one doesn't overlap anything, it disappears. The trick is, balls can only cross lines of the same color, and lines can only cross balls of the same color. See if you can solve them all in Color Tangle.
Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Pity the poor student slaving away for that lofty Ph.D. degree. They have to write a proper dissertation, which (as this site puts it) is "long and boring." But once published and defended, it's largely forgotten. Until now. The writers are charged with reducing their work to the succinct 5-7-5 format, entertaining you with their Dissertation Haiku.
Monday, September 05, 2011
Sunday, September 04, 2011
Friday, September 02, 2011
- Be a convincing Spock with this combo wig with ears.
- Stuck in line at airport security.
- Who needs gas and all that noise when you have the Pocket Chainsaw?
- 100 years of East London fashion in 100 seconds.
- A celebration of the World Trade Center in movies, Twin Tower Cameos (not in chronological order).
- Be careful what you ask for: trolling the teacher.
- Um, why? Man has Where's Waldo scene tattooed on his back.
- Goat cam. The chewing sounds crack me up.
- August 2011 fail compilation.
- Retro alien couch. Space invaders!
- The life of Hurrican Irene in 90 seconds. It's interesting to see the cells spawn in the whorl as it moves.
- 8 words the internet loves to confuse with other words.
- 6 things you won't believe animals do just like us.
- Why Minecraft is not on Steam.
- Hidden messages on dollar bills courtesy of creative folding.
- "Trailer tails" can make semis more fuel-efficient.
- Don Cheadle is Captain Planet.
- Human slingshot slip-n-slide.
- The science of Gawker's nerd baiting.
- 11 eye-opening statistics about strippers.
- Weapons of mass distraction.
- 6 animals that kill nature's scariest creatures.
- 25 frightening photos of hurricane Irene's destruction. Although the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was still guarded during the storm.
- Shotgun dog. As in, dog riding shotgun.
- David Bowie's Space Oddity as a children's book. The site is kinda slammed, so download the PDF.
- The 5 biggest disasters in the history of marketing ideas.
- 11 cringe-worthy OSHA violation.
- Devour, a photography project of used frying pans that look remarkably like planets in space.
- 12 pop culture paper dolls.
- As seen on TV: a tribute to doing it wrong.
- The 14 best Halloween pet costumes.
- The largest salt flats on earth: Salar de Uyuni.
- Amphoria's latest t-shirt offering, fake band logos based on history's greatest minds, Monsters of Grok.
- Where's the little girl?
- How old is your globe? Valid question!