This week's winner is Seayjay!
See the original image here.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
- No, they're not cheap, but that won't stop you if you need samurai undies. (Also in a long version.)
- Star Trek Monopoly.
- List of famous last words.
- 50 completely useless signs.
- The surprisingly homophobic side of Friends. Includes a 45-minute montage of clips.
- Dog keeps gate open.
- Extreme Australian winds cause waterfalls to flow upwards.
- Why do so many fossils exhibit the same posture?
- London's forgotten underground river.
- The interconnected world of tech companies (infographic).
- The complete guide to getting online anywhere.
- Want a toasted sandwich, but don't want the hassle of grilling one? Then you need Toastabags.
- The most expensive, and most indestructible, jacket you'll ever want: the Mithril Kevlar.
- The Pizza Planet delivery truck has a cameo in almost every Pixar film.
- The splendiferous barfing cup.
- Gus vs. the kiddie pool.
- The calculator that's never right: The Wrongulator.
- Minimalist fairy tale posters.
- 15 places you can no longer go as an adult.
- Recycled tire sculptures.
- Check out nonesuch things to see the paper eyelashes add-ons.
- The 10 weirdest ways to remember your deceased pet.
- Shatner does "Khaaaaan" at Comic-Con.
- 10 bizarre underwater events.
- Like a CSI: how bloodstain pattern analysis works.
- Now you can feel important while you get ready with this press conference mirror.
- Before-and-after shots of joggers. I don't think the "before" shots are *right* before...
- Jasper tucks himself in.
- July 2011 fail compilation.
- Street cup stacking.
- Technology is the new smoking.
- The 10 most shocking moments in the history of HBO. Note: All of them are episodic shows.
- Foolproof birth control.
- 2001 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest results.
- Mobile gaming by the numbers (infographic).
- 9 types of jobs that will destroy your soul.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
- The toilet mug.
- In the summer sun, protect your whole face with the Solar Face Shield.
- With Google+ competing with Facebook, it's time for Like vs. Plus.
- It shouldn't amaze me that people try to sell their broken crap, but it does. Listed at a bit broken.
- Everyone's buying "old gold" these days. Why not turn it into a lap-warming friend with Cats 4 Gold?
- Designers know a special kind of hell: Hovering Art Directors.
- Old Spice Carl Sagan animated gif.
- They're made out of meat.
- Billboard #1 singles from 1980 to 2010 by genre.
- Terms and conditions.
- Peeling banana popsicle that doesn't taste like banana.
- The ultimate zombie apocalypse survival shotgun.
- Guy takes his mom for a ride at Laguna Seca in his Corvette Z06.
- Absolutely crazy (as in, no way in hell) hike along a razor-thin ridge in Hawaii: Pali Puka to Lanihuli.
- World shin-kicking championship.
- Planking is dangerous.
- 6 scientific reasons social networks are bad for society.
- 5 classic movies that seemed like terrible ideas at the time.
- 6 mind-blowing discoveries made with Google Earth.
- 25 words you might not know are trademarked.
- 7 terrifying things they don't tell you about pregnancy.
- Norwegian man stops thief with tractor.
- Firefly Les Femmes poster set.
- Speak like Kristen Stewart.
- Have fun on the water in a Nuclear Globe.
- The Nuke Lamp is possible because of 3D printing technology.
- If you're a fan of the HBO show Tru Blood, then you probably will want some Tru Blood Drink.
- Star Trek potato heads Spock and Uhura.
- Since this week is Comicon, here's the program from the 1988 Comicon.
- Times Square as it appears in multiple videogames.
- Pedestrian crossing, Vietnam style.
- Google VP Marissa Mayer: I once "broke the internet".
- Kids React to the Captain America trailer.
- What's the best way to remove a band-aid, fast rip-off or slow pull-off? A study provides the answer.
- Shakespeare in celebrity voices.
- Ranking the 5 dumbest categories of people on the internet. Also, 5 reasons why I don't read comments.
- 10 deleted scenes that would've ruined the film.
- 6 famous people whose identities we still don't know.
- "Pointing finger" pixel mouse.
- I'm not sure what to say about these body stockings, but leave it to the internet to offer you Morphsuits.
- The new Old Spice ad guy: Fabio.
- WTF, Japan? Dancing squid dish.
- Girls summer fail compilation.
- Parking like Ace Ventura.
- New moon found orbiting Pluto.
- The lost roles of Anchorman.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Regardless of what you think of him, there's no denying that Dwight Schrute has all the answers. Or, at least, that he's confident in the answers he does have. So if you combine this character trait with lolpics, you have the glory that is Schrute Facts.
Monday, July 18, 2011
There are two things about newspapers that make this site awesome: there are a lot of them, from little locals to great nationwides; and, with so many to choose from, there are a lot of mistakes and little nuggets to find. I don't get the connection of the name itself, but the tagline "Newspapers are going away, and that's too bad" sums up the scans at Criggo.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
- Monitor your home when you're not there, or older relatives, with the texting smoke alarm.
- I'm not sure those that need it most can afford it, but the waterproof festival survival kit probably has applications beyond Hippiepalooza.
- 6 false lessons of the space shuttle.
- The most awkward 404 "not found" page on the internet.
- Dog learns physics.
- 30 years of innovation.
- An interesting (read: awesome) cover of Billie Jean on a ukelele.
- How to deactivate a cat.
- Famous voice actors of the past and present.
- Dean Martin burgers.
- Blind fan at U2 concert plays guitar with Bono.
- The mysterious protractors of Pittsburgh.
- If classic games had DLC.
- Broments in love.
- Top 10 real world easter eggs and cheat codes.
- 6 lies about the human body you learned in kindergarten.
- Epic war.
- The 5 most horrifying things corporations are taking over.
- The worst parents of 2011 (so far).
- The Oxford English Dictionary discovers a use of "OMG" from 1917.
- 18 attributes of highly effective liars.
- The background, and legal debate, of fan fiction.
- How Facebook affects you and and your relationships (infographic).
- Oh Dewey, your decimals so crazy.
- 5 seemingly innocent ways you risk your identity every day.
- Sad baby monsters.
- Pizza delivery instructions.
- Amazing cut-out Harry Potter art.
- 10 fascinating facts about phone numbers.
- 25 everyday things you never knew had names.
- Even worse superhero redesigns.
- The Guild's Game On.
- The Firefly rap.
- Stay dry while keeping your hands free with the backpack umbrella.
- On-Ice mixed drink and beer dispenser. Currently out of stock due to being totally awesome.
- A true Star Wars fan won't be without The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force.
- The rolling shutter effect turns awesome when guy uses an iPhone to record inside his guitar.
- Unflappable cat.
- Overdoing the teacup ride.
- Tom Green created planking in 1994.
- Kaley Cuoco (Penny from The Big Bang Theory) has a PSA for Slave Leia costumes.
- Why bother to remember when you can just use Google?
- Green-screen and light-mapping tech makes an awesome video of the evolution of the mobile phone.
- 10 greatest unintentionally hilarious lines from science fiction and fantasy.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
You've all seen the SUVs with their big spare tires on the back. The tire's cover typically has the vehicle make on it, but some people use the space to make a personal statement. Here's a site that focuses on a certain type: Animal Wheel Covers.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Friday, July 08, 2011
- Couple's salvia-smoking trip.
- A squirrel crosses the road.
- What the hell is this cat trying to do?
- Cats versus dogs: what our furry friends reveal about us (infographic).
- Camera on fireworks.
- Bigass storm wraps all the way around Saturn.
- A fan-made video of GlaDOS singing Portal 2's end-of-game song, Want You Gone.
- The 7 sleaziest mating rituals in the animal kingdom.
- 8 secrets about Disneyland.
- 7 pieces of good news nobody is reporting.
- The 9 most surprising aquittals of all time.
- The top 10 plants that will kill you.
- Overacting bullets.
- The 6 most amazing military raids of all time.
- The 27 Constitutional amendments explained in movies.
- 5 advanced technologies that are still catching up to invertebrates.
- How the aurora borealis is formed.
- History of flight.
- Man versus turkey.
- PUNtries of the world.
- Star Drek and Other Vaders.
- Nathan Fillion's Swamp Ass public service announcement.
- The 10 worst traits of modern movie snobs.
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
I'm quoting from the site here:
"This is a chronicling of some of the greatest confrontations in FILM HISTORY. The greatest moments of melee. These are the GREAT SHOWDOWNS."
In case you get stuck, Scott's comment on each post links to the IMDB page for the movie.
Monday, July 04, 2011
Everyone has lives, and we all do stuff every day. And while we may often fantasize about them, we really don't know what the lives of celebrities are like. And we still don't, but at least we can see what the well-known love interest from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is up to at Angel Does Stuff.
Sunday, July 03, 2011
Friday, July 01, 2011
- Seagull steals video camera.
- 13 smart-ass responses to signs.
- Attack of the flying carp.
- The #62 bus is always on time.
- 5 movie-fan theories that make more sense than the movie.
- Turn your cat into Godzilla with the Cat Attack scratching post.
- Balloon of FIRE.
- Photoshop contest Meet the Beatles 2. I like "Boy Band" the best.
- Exploding bridges supercut.
- Canned responses to people who reply to you on Twitter in a stupid manner.
- The 7 biggest dick moves in the history of online gaming.
- June 2011 fail compilation.
- Matt Mulholland performs The Matrix's "Lobby Shooting Spree" scene a capella.
- The eternal shame of your first online handle. It's a shame I'm still using mine.
- The (continuing) great toilet paper debate: over or under?
- 10 movies that famous people don't want you to see.
- Sports, the Brazilian way. What the hell? This is an Olympics promo?
- The "theory" of evolution.
- The monochromatic city of Chefchaoen, Morocco.
- How to avoid getting hit by a train.
- Hipsters plus Lord of the Rings results in The Broship of the Rings.
- Update your state-of-the-art iPhone 4 with this retro calculator case.
- Academic article title of the day.
- Tech company org charts.
- Donkey interrupts interview.
- The United States of Romantic Comedies. Can you identify all 73?
- Turn FourSquare into a giant game of Risk (in New York City) with World of Fourcraft.
- You have never seen visual effects like these.
- The very best of the "Meanwhile, in..." meme. WARNING NSFW.
- 20 craziest job interview questions. And by "craziest", they mean "please don't ask me that".
- 5 acts of nature that rearranged the face of the planet.
- It's the amazing Ray Harryhausen creature list, in order of appearance.
- Awesomely weird expanding halo of light seen from Hawaii. Love the science in this one.
- 25 cartoon characters whose real names you never knew.
- The optical illusion alphabet.
- The post-it note ghost.
- Bear cub plays with water.
- Kelly really likes cheesy potatoes.
- Animal footprint sandals.